Friday, August 29, 2008

Outside

Yesterday, I’s looking out of the big glass door. I wanted to go outside, but I’m too little. So, this big animal came in through a small hole in the screen, and it walked up to the glass door and looked at me and I ran. I found the woman and meowed, and she said, what’s wrong, and I shivered. She went into the room where the door is and saw the big animal and said, that’s just Red. He comes here for sunflower seeds. He’s a good guy. She picked me up, and took me and some seeds outside. Better eat and run, she said, the hawk is out. Then she told me that there’s a great big hawk that lives in one of the pine trees and he eats little animals and that he has already eaten the fat squirrel. Red didn’t even play hard to get. He walked right up to the woman and began eating the seeds. Keep your head down old boy, she said to Red, and then we came back inside. She closed the glass door and said you can never, ever go outside by yourself. You are too tiny and that hawk would carry you off and I’d never see you again. Then I attacked the little green ball.

No comments: