Saturday, November 15, 2008

In case there's a fire.

I’m learning to catch prey. When the woman walks down the hall, I run up and try to trip her, and she says sweetie, that’s me, don’t make Mama, that’s her, fall. I also like to play chase the hand puppet. The woman puts her hand under the blanket or shirt and moves it around and I attack it. She likes this game too because she giggles. Plus, when I’m tired and don’t want to play, she tries to get me to play hand puppet. Also, I like bed game. See, the woman does this thing. At night, she pulls the big top cover down and puts all the pretty pillows, the little bear, and Peanut, the boy’s three legged dog, all in a chair. So, she and the man get into bed and they go to sleep. I like to sleep with them too. Then when morning comes, she gets all fussy about the bed that she already tore up the night before. She pulls everything off and one layer by one layer, she fixes the bed back. I like to jump up before the last layer gets put back on. She covers me up and I run around under the top cover and once I bumped my head on the bed post. She says, Ginger, this is not a game. We need to make the bed pretty so if there’s a fire, those firemen will know that we are good and proper people who make their bed. That woman of mine is so funny.

No comments: