Saturday, December 4, 2010

News Flash

So, a lots of things have happened since I last wrote. First, the woman and man, who I now call mamma and daddy, found a mother cat and her kittens. I smelled her, the mama, and she smelled like another kitty, so I went and sniffed Wanda, my sister, and no, it wasn’t her, and I sniffed Penny Candy, my other sister, and it wasn’t her. Then, she kept going out to the garage and taking food, water, and more food. I sniffed at the door and heard her talking to the mama cat. “Here,” she said, “eat and drink, you’ll feel better.” I thought the mamma cat must be sick. I waited but didn’t get to see her. Later, when the mama and daddy were talking, I heard what happened. The mother cat had five kittens, two had died. The other three were in bad shape. The mother cat had blood on her and was too weak to clean herself off or even eat. I heard the man say, “we don’t have money to take them to the doctor.” So, every hour, the mama went to the garage, and worked with the mother and took strange little bottles with her and fed the kittens. The man went too. Sometimes, she mixed karo and salt together in warm water and back out she went to give to the mama cat. After a few days, I heard the mama say that the mama cat was doing better, eating on her on, and feeding the babies. There was a runt to. She wasn’t eating well, so the mama fed her with a bottle and took care of her special, like she did with me. When the mama cat was strong, and attached to the mama, she the daddy brought them into the house, to the mama’s office and they closed the door. Sometimes, I could sniff under the door and the mama cat sniffed back. Penny and Wanda were crazy, trying to see what was on the other side of that door, but I knew. One night, when everyone was sleeping, the woman took me into the room and let me see the babies. They were so tiny and they meowed with their entire face. The mama cat, who is now Kitkat, hissed at me. I got my feelings hurt. I just wanted to sniff them, but she said, mewooooos, which means, get away.

Then, the kittens and Kitkat liked me and they all came out of the room and walked around. The kittens started eating food and still sucked and then one of the mama’s friends took the yellow kitty and another friend took the runt. So, then we had one kitty and the mama cat, who kept getting fatter and fatter. One day, the woman took Kitkat away. She said, say bye to Kitkat, she is going to live with the kids. I know what that means. She won’t be back. So now we are Me, Penny Candy, Wanda Sue, and our new baby sister, Cinnamon Sunday.

Just last night, the daddy said, “I’m so happy Kitkat is gone.” The woman said, “Me too. Her poop really stunk.” Then she added, “She seems to like living with the kids.” The man said, “Yep, she is right at home.”

So for Christmas I want all the outside cats that don’t have a human to love to be found. I want them all to be warm and have full bellies, and get lots of pets, like us.

The End. Oh, I forgot, remember when the doctor told my mama that I am almost blind, and that I am mentally challenged? Well, the mama says mentally challenged cats are often starving on the street cause the humans don’t like cats that are not perfect. She then said that no matter what, Ginger, that’s me, is the smartest and most beautiful cat in the world. Am I lucky or what? But then I keep forgetting that the doors might be closed and I run into them and bump my head. Also, the other girls, my sisters, keep playing mean tricks on me.

No comments: